The Division of Emergency Services within the Manchester Township Department of Public Safety is dedicated to enhancing the safety and quality of life for the residents of Manchester Township as well as the surrounding areas. They provide emergency response, emergency medical services, public safety education, and fire prevention and response. Members of the Division of Emergency Services are predominantly volunteers who devote much of their time to serving the citizens of Manchester Township. The Division of Emergency Services is comprised of three Fire Companies and two First Aid Squads.
The three Fire Companies serving the citizens of Manchester Township are:
- Manchester Fire Company – Station 32
- Ridgeway Fire Company – Station 34
- Whiting Fire Company – Station 33
The two First Aid Squads serving the citizens of Manchester Township are:
- Manchester First Aid – Squad 29
- Whiting First Aid – Squad 43
Like most volunteer organizations, adequate staffing levels are dependent upon the generous and selfless commitment of our local citizens. The listed organizations are almost always in need of dedicated, hardworking and committed individuals. If you have what it takes to join a winning team and would like to become a member of one of these volunteer organizations, click on the attached link below to complete a Manchester Township Emergency Services Application.
Disclaimer: Manchester Township Ordinance #12-027 requires that all interested individuals complete an application when applying for membership to any of the township’s Emergency Services organizations.
- Applicants are required to complete the application on-line, print it out and deliver it personally to police headquarters.
- Once the application is completed and printed, DO NOT sign it, as you must have it notarized (Applications must be signed in the presence of the Notary Public).
- Once you have completed the application, contact:
Manchester Township Emergency Management Coordinator, Arthur Abline at 732-657-2009 ext. 4604, Monday through Friday from 8am to 3pm, to set up an appointment to finish the application process and be fingerprinted.
Each applicant for consideration must:
- Have a Valid New Jersey Driver License
- Be a resident of the State of New Jersey
- Submit to a Criminal History Background Check
- Must have a good moral character
- Must have the ability to perform the tasks, duties, and essential job functions of the respective emergency services organization for which you are applying
Once you have submitted your application and have been fingerprinted, a check will be done on your NJ driving record and to determine if you have a criminal background. Upon completion of the check, you will be notified of the outcome. If anything appears on your criminal background check which would preclude you from joining the organization for which you applied, you will be notified of the review process and how it works. As always, the organization for which you are applying to for membership has the final say in accepting you as a member.
The Division of Emergency Services would like to thank the members of our community for all of their commitment and support. Being comprised of almost all volunteers, our work could not be done without you.