The Manchester Township Police offers challenging and rewarding careers for those who are committed to serving the public. A career as a Manchester Township Police Officer offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits, enrollment in the Police and Fireman’s Retirement System and continuous training and education.
Manchester Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer which generally conducts police officer entrance examinations once every two to three years. Once a police officer candidate list is established, it remains in effect for two years however the list may be extended for an additional year at the discretion of the Chief of Police.
THE MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP POLICE DEPARTMENT IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME.
All applicants for the position of Police Officer must:
1. Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States;
2. Must be between 18 and 35 years of age;
3. Must possess a minimum of an Associates degree or two years of full-time college credits (64 credits). Credits or degrees must be recognized by the American Council on Education as listed in Accredited Institutions of Post secondary Education. Active military service may be substituted and/or used in conjunction with college credit for a total of two years of education and/or active military service. Active military service credit will be granted at a rate equivalent to 2.67 college credits for each full month (30 days) of active military service completed.
4. Must have the ability to perform all the tasks, duties, and essential job functions of a police officer;
5. Must possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license;
6. Must have no criminal history and possess a good moral character.
Police Officer candidates must pass a written examination, physical fitness test, and an oral evaluation. After successful completion of these tests, the candidate will undergo a rigorous background investigation which will include the following: verification of qualifying credentials, review of criminal, civil and motor vehicle records, a review of the candidate’s financial history, the verification of at least three personal references, a review and investigation of the applicant’s social status and lastly, a review of the applicant’s employment history.
Upon receipt of a conditional offer of employment, a medical examination to include a drug screening and psychological evaluation will be conducted.